Sucre (again), and Lake Titicaca


Advertisement
Published: July 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After finishing our tour in Uyuni, we (not liking to slum it), hire a jeep to take us the 8 hours to Sucre. It is great to show mum Sucre (although I am tired, and therefore moody for most of it!) We go see the dino tracks, which are cool but a bit of a let down. You cant go and put your feet in them or anything! You have to squint from about 50ms away. Bit boring. On sunday we go to the market in Tarabuco, and we buy a lot of stuff! Helping the local economy and all. That evening we fly back to La Paz (feels like home now!), and then head to Copacabana by the morning bus. Its pretty amazing, Lake Titicaca. A lake in the sky. And its huge. We get the boat to the Isla del Sol, which is just beautiful. It feels like we could be anywhere, Canada, Ireland, Greece. Particularly Greece (apart from the snowy mountains on the horizon), you can just imagine Trojan ships sailing past. We walk the length of the Island the next day, it takes about 6 hours. We are absolutly knakered, but its worth it. we see eagles, and most likely a condor, we see Inca ruins, the place where the sun and the moon were born, beaches,mountains,little sailing boats that i ache to be on. Its fabulous, and when we return to Copacabana that night its even better because our hotel is wonderful, with the all important tasty trout from the lake. Yum Yum. The next day, the final day of mums trip, we are back in la paz, and do a day trek to the base camp of Condorini. The perfect ending, nice for mum to get into the mountains (i know she has been itching to since she arrived), and its not too tough a walk. Only goes up to 4700m, and we get to see the many Condorini (named so because it looks like a condor) snowy peaks looming above us. And, as mum said, have always wanted to go to a base camp! So, thats it. Mum left yesterday morning and Im back on my own. To do, who knows what!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.03s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0134s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1009.8kb