Isla Del Sol


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » Copacabana
November 7th 2006
Published: November 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello hello!!

So we have had more adventures on Lake Titicaca since last time we updated. from the Bolivan side this time (its one big lake!!)

we got a boat over to Isla Del Sol (a more permanent kinda Island than the floating ones!) The boat journey was pretty uneventful after taking the sea sickness tablets and we arrived on the northern side of the island. 17 kilometers and quite a few near misses with donkeys later, we were at our hostel in the south resting our feet! the views on the way were stunning and the lake looked so blue, just a shame it was too cold to swim! we also had a new experience in that hostel, showers that were too HOT!!

we headed out for dinner with our new friend Misty (from Hawaii, cool!) and it turned out that because it was Day of The Saits, only one of the three restaurants was open and there was only one lady, with baby, catering for the whole place!! we have never waited so long for spaegettii in our lives but she did a great job!!

The next morning it was back to Copacobana (on a boat that had a serious list and we did wonder whether we were going to make it!) and on to a bus to La Paz.

Its bretty busy, dusty and polluted but the sights and smells are still fab. we even went to the withches market today and could have bought a llama feotus....what on earth would you ever do with that!! didnt know enough Spanish to ask said withches!!

we are mountain biking down "The Road of Death" tomorrow and then its off to the jungle on a 19 seather plane after that...wow, we are brave!!

Until the next time....

Laura
x

Advertisement



7th November 2006

I am sooo jealous of you guys. Glad you're having fun tho. Can't wait to meet you in Sydney
7th November 2006

Bikers beware!
Are you deliberately looking for the most dangerous things to do? Chosen your room in the prison yet? at least you would get free B@B.
9th November 2006

still alive?
hey you two, reminiscing sat in my sweltering office thinking of when i did the death road and dodgy plane trip to the rainforest, ah the memories! was absolutely class and hope you enjoyed it. just remember nearly coming of my bike after racing an isralei guy down the death road (i won) and then a girl falling off her bike and spending a week in hospital in la paz ... suppose it would be good if you read this comment after you've done it- ha! enjoy it all Bxxx
10th November 2006

Great blog
Love hearing these adventures. Glad you are surviving and getting to see some great sites. e-mail the photo information so I can see all the photos. magickstar99ATyahoo.com if you can. Keep up the great work, and keep us posted.

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb