Climbing and acclimatizing in Condoriri


Advertisement
Published: July 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The Condoriri Massif



Last monday Sergio brought us up to the Condoriri Mountains with his Landcruiser. We planed to spend five days up there to climb and acclimatize. I was in the same area two years ago with Sergio and really liked it. It´s a beautiful place and you get mountain climbs in many different grades.
We all decided to climb Pequeno Alpamayo as the first mountain on thuesday. 4 of us did the normal route while Hilde and Oeyvind went for the direct route up a 250 meter face. Starting at 4 in the morning we thought we had plenty of time. But the altitude and the size of the groupe slowed us down a bit, so we arrived back in camp around 5.30 in the afternoon. A long but great start of the climbing down here.

After a day of resting in camp, Hilde and Bjoern decided to climb Cabeza del Condor, Eirin and Torbjoern went for Piramida Blanca, while Oeyvind and I decided to rest in the camp and save power for other mountains.

The camp is situated close to a lake with trout in! Mario, the "camp manager" fixed us a few kiloes on thursday, and I think we had the best meal so far in the mountains! Fresh trout at 4600 meters is a great luxury!

The altitude is attacking the body totally individually and pretty much all of us (except for Hilde I think) had some problems with the altitude at some point. But after four nights at 4600 and a few peaks logged, I think we will be better off at the next mountain after a couple of days resting in La Paz.

Yesterday we had our first little party as well, going to a Dutch place eating and drinking, and then finishing at Oliver´s Travel for some pints. Oliver´s is according to Lonely Planet "the worst cultural experience in La Paz!" But a nice place for a pint anyway. As Oliver´s say: "if you want culture, you can go to a museum!" : )

Tomorrow we are heading for Huayna Potosi, a peak at 6088 meters.





Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



4th July 2010

hyggelig at dere gir lyd fra dere igjen. Hørtes ut som en spennende tur dette og flotte bilder. Håper formen er bra igjen magnus. Vi har tilbrakt helga på hytta og fått tolv til femten kubikk ved til "gårds ", ellers går det i flytting igjen her hjemme. Regner med at du har fått med deg at ingrid blir nabo med dere litt lenger bort i gata. Vær forsiktig med klatringen og kos dere videre.

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb