Riots in Sucre


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Chuquisaca Department » Sucre
September 6th 2007
Published: September 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We got up early in eager anticipation of our horse riding trek to waterfalls but it has been cancelled, due to the riots.

Last nite the students kicked off around the square (practically outside our hotel) setting fire to things and today is no better. there have been massive demonstrations everywhere but mostly in the square and outside the police station - all very near to hotel. we have joined in and waved flags and marched with bottles filled with stones to make noise. it is quite disturbing but appears to be harmless.

all the roads have been blocked and the buses are on strike. all shops, banks restaurants etc are closed and almost everyone has hit the streets to demonstrate.

we have absolutely nothing to do at all here except wander around. we made it up to the viewpoint by the convent and chilled out in a cafe which overlooked the city. then wandered to the other side to look at the cemetry which is very strange.

as you can see, i have spent some time updating my blog and images. if we can get out of here tomorrow we are off to Potosi. cant wait.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb