Back from Tuichi


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Beni Department » Rurrenabaque
November 16th 2007
Published: November 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

No, I wasn't really in Rio Tuichi, but I was pretty close to it. We went to the junges for 3 days in a lodge instead of 5 days in the middle of nowhere, because we heard you don't really see much animals in the jungle, but we did see a tapir and an armadillo.
On the first day we visited and indian community in the jungle. It wasn't really what I expected - they wear western clothes, and they collect the entrance fee to the park, but they do live in the middle of the jungle in wooden cabins. Then we got the the lodge, went for a walk up to a nice view point, then for a swim in the river, and then went on a night walk where we saw the aforementioned tapir and armadillo.
On the second day we went for another walk in the jungle, where out guide, who didn't speak any English and was about 40 years old, explained about all these plants and trees and their medical or other uses. Apparently there are lots of useful plants in the jungle. Then we went for another swim, and after that we made some handicrafts from the jungle. I made a necklace and a ring, which is easier than it sounds. At night it rained a lot, which was really fun, since it wasn't so hot.
On the third day we wanted to go up to another viewpoint, but the way was blocked by some angry bees, so we came back after climbing for half an hour. Now we're back in Rurrenabaque, trying to get a flight back to La Paz, which is a bit problematic, because lots of flights were cancelled because of the rain before.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

TucansTucans
Tucans

You can barely see them, but they´re in one of the holes in the middle
TarantulaTarantula
Tarantula

Hairless, but still a tarantula


Tot: 0.415s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb