How to get fit and lose weight while travelling


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Beni Department » Guayaramerín
January 22nd 2017
Published: January 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

For many people, travelling is an excuse to shun away from exercise. But do remember that few days of binging around could cost you numerous hours of sweating out at the gym. So be wary and watch your weight.

Here is a compilation of how to get fit and lose weight while travelling. Follow these simple fitness hacks to stay in shape and never regret that trip.

The biggest mistake one makes during travel is to compromise on the quantity and quality of food. So notice what is on your plate. Make simple changes in your diet and you will amaze yourself at the end of your vacation. A well-balanced breakfast high on essential nutrients, like the ones that BistroMD prepares, is a must.

For those who don’t know what it is, BistroMD is weight loss meal delivery service.

When on traveling, stay away from extra calories by replacing soda with water and regular milk with soy milk. Chomp on bite sized snacks in between meals to sustain yourself throughout the day. Opt for healthier alternatives like nuts and fruits instead of sugary snacks. Shy away from rice, bread or pasta and replace them with veggies.

Travelling demands being on your feet for long hours. Make right use of this situation by walking your way for short distances. In this way, you can lose some pounds in addition to incurring less expenses on taxi rides. If not walking, hire a bicycle and pedal through the city. Being in the open also has a relaxing effect on the mind. Swimming is an effective calorie burner. Going for a hike can also be given a thought.

While planning an itinerary for your proposed trip, choose an outdoor touring experience. Adventure trips involve trekking, rock climbing, mountain biking, kayaking, canoeing and surfing. Such activities test your endurance and stamina, at the same time help you shed some weight. A walk tour is also a considerable option.

It is common to get tempted to check out the nightlife of the place. Abstain from going to clubs or parties for recreation. Instead, join a local dance class and learn a new art form. Drinking and smoking is a strict no-no.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb