A walk through Palermo and an artisans market


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina
January 5th 2013
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -34.5911, -58.4137

We're bringing you along on our morning stroll through the neighborhood as we hunt for the red, ripe strawberries we saw yesterday.

Then we'll go to probably the city's best artist's market--I really should have taken more photos because the handwork was amazing, but I was really, really busy shopping. I found some beautiful earrings--about the only thing I can buy that will fit in my bag, and Bob finally found his strawberries on the way home.

Next time...I promise 😉


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

NewstandNewstand
Newstand

These newstands are all over town. You buy your newspapers and magazines here instead of in stores like we do.
Bob gets his morning snackBob gets his morning snack
Bob gets his morning snack

The women who run this Panaderia (bakery) are so much fun. They're always laughing when we come in--they look like they've always just shared the greatest joke. It's fun to stop whether we really need bread or not, so we only buy enough for one day. That way we can visit the ladies the next day too and have fresh bread each day to boot.
Fruit stand that had strawberries yesterdayFruit stand that had strawberries yesterday
Fruit stand that had strawberries yesterday

None today tho. We keep looking.
Flowers on a street cornerFlowers on a street corner
Flowers on a street corner

These flower stands really brighten up the neighborhood with their brilliant colors and sweet fragrance.
Grocery flyerGrocery flyer
Grocery flyer

We've never seen one of these glossy printed flyers down here before--most stores are little mom & pop affairs--dim and dingy.
Modern supermarketModern supermarket
Modern supermarket

This gorgeous grocery store is not the norm. The one we went to yesterday smelled awful when we walked in. Yuk, like someone peed in the isle. But this one today is all shiny and new. I still prefer the little one item stores though--we just find really clean ones, not that awful one from yesterday.
Tiny guy waaaaay up high on a ladderTiny guy waaaaay up high on a ladder
Tiny guy waaaaay up high on a ladder

See the guy way to heck and gone up the ladder on the left??? Notice any safety harness? No? Us neither.


6th January 2013

The guy on the ladder is really brave, I wouldn't go more than 3 steps up!!!!!!!!!!!!!The grocery store looks nice, guess I'd have to stay with that one.
6th January 2013

You don't think hubby would want his ladder? Probably not his job either!

Tot: 0.264s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb