Argentina's language


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina
November 18th 2013
Published: November 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

What is the dominant language spoken in Argentina, and are there less popular languages?

http://www.kwintessential.co.uk/resources/global-etiquette/argentina.html

The dominant language in Argentina is Spanish which was established by the Spaniards when they arrived to Argentina and settled there. However, Argentina doesn't speak the traditional spanish brought by the Spaniards. Argentinians speak a variation of spanish and italian brought by a stronger Italian influence than a spanish influence to make their language. On the other hand, there are other languages which are spoken such as the native language Quechua. There are a variety or languages spoken in Argentina.

Seeing as to how there are many languages in Argentina which are both native and foreign languages I am assuming Argentina was "discovered" by several other countries. The other countries who went into Argentina's territory all left their own aspect of culture behind. In turn they all blended together over time. This is what brought spanish and Italian together to make the variation of spanish that they speak. Argentina is now a very special culture since its inspired by so many other countries and by the native people who lived there first.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0692s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb