another day


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina
December 24th 2011
Published: December 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Another day is gone and we're finally off on our road trip towards the north of Argie.

After a big expensive day when I got a car with more than 4 wheels and an engine, the air bags has yet to reach the great un washed masses in the rental business the car had an Ipod connection but no airbag, well first things first for some but not for me.

Then there's a shortage of petrol in Baires and elsewhere as well as it seems.

The car I got came with a empty tank because the petrolsation up the road hadn't got it's daily dose of of bezine.

So with the low petrol level lamp shining brightly, it IS x-mas time after all, I took off just to find here were cars cueing up ay every other petrolstation I got a bit upthight about the remaing petrol volume.

I saw a station with a tnaker and doubled back and had to wait for 1 hour until he finished unloading.

46 litres into a 45 liter tank is not too bad.

Got home loaded my gear and set off to pick up Nathalie, from now on known as N.

And with the chariot loaded with our gear and the help of Mssrs garmin we left Baires in style.

Driving on a motorway with people that think lanes are for dummies is a bit of work for the frail olde nerves.

And then you get opn to the Pampa that is as flat as anything the Mid west in Obama land has to offer and that the line on the GPS's little screen representing a road seems to be painted on it.

Flat and straight not much fun the driver who likes a challenge, maybe to keep awake.

Staying thye night in Lincoln on the 188 road towards the Andes, tomorrow it's winemaking country and some pics.

Hasta la vista

Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0174s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022kb