Argentina - The Penultimate Leg!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina
October 27th 2009
Published: November 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Salta and Iguassu Falls:

The next week of our trip was a case of getting across the width of South America from Chile to Rio in time to spend a week on the beach before we fly home.

We travelled via Salta, another pretty city and enjoyed some great steaks and red wines. We also hired a car for the day and drove to a gorgeous lake where we swam, lunched and sunbathed in the glorious sunshine.

From Salta we got the bus all the way to Iguassu Falls. The Falls are amazing and much better than we could have imagined. There are dozens of waterfalls and an unbelievably vast amount of water cascades down them. The effect is incredible. The power of the water really blows your mind and as it hits the bottom so mush spray is created that you cannot even see the river! The spray creates the most beautiful rainbows and I swear if I had a very expensive camera and a very expensive lens I could have snapped a shot of a circular rainbow! As you look down into the falls the rainbow arcs all the way round and back out again. Very cool indeed. Sadly no pot of gold was to be found but Iguassu is top of the list of most amazing natural wonder we have been to see.

We took a speedboat tour that takes you up close and personal to the falls. As a result we got totally soaked! It was great to see them from below as they look even more powerful and magnificent. The spraying we got this time was something else. We couldn't even see at times because there was so much spray in our faces, it was like being hosed down by a fire truck!




Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb