Brazil - Rio, Paraty & Ilha Grande


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
November 4th 2010
Published: February 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sao Paulo - Paraty - Ilha Grande - Rio, Copacabana & Ipanema Beaches, Christ Redeemer and Sugarloaf Mountain


The final stint of our trip was in Brazil. We made our way from Iguassu Falls to Rio de Janeiro with a day in Sao Paulo, a day in they pretty colonial port town of Paraty, a few days on the most beautiful island of Ihla Grande and a final weekend in Rio.

Over the last week Rio and Sao Paulo have had dreadful floods and power failures - which we somehow managed to avoid and enjoyed a glorious week of sunshine, blue skies and clear seas.

The people of Brazil seem to take to the beach in their hoards and it is quite a people watching occasion. For a start, the men sport y-front style spandex swimming shorts as their style of preference, and the minute Brazilian bikinis explain a lot about why the Brazilian waxing has it's name!

Half the population seem to be exercise fanatics. There is always somebody running, surfing or using the Muscle Beach gym to tone their pecks, so there are a good selection of bodies to admire. However, be warned, there are also a good few larger ladies squeezing their bods into a the tiniest bikinis, that just about cover their nipples and nether regions - leaving plenty of space to let the rest all hang out!

We did spend a day visiting the Christ Redeemer and enjoying the view of the city, sea and lakes and Sugar Loaf mountain, but by and large we've enjoyed a thoroughly lazy last week after an amazing year of activities and adventures on our travels. What a perfect way to end it!

We are very much looking forward to coming home and seeing you all and to starting our jobs. Our next adventure starts as soon as 26th November, as we've manage to get ourselves a job in the French Alps.




Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.1188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb