Rosario


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Santa Fe » Rosario
April 8th 2007
Published: April 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello all

Just a quick one to try and catch up on this blog, im a bit backlogged at the moment. After Iguazu we came to Argentina's second biggest city Rosario. You might of heard of it if you have seen or read the motorcycle diarys, as it is the birth place of Che Guevara. We decided to go there after as it has a great weekend party vibe, and apparantly had 70% female population (true).

Got there liked the city remined me a little bit of london. Got there early in the morning so we went to a hotel (which was horrible) dropped off our stuff then walked around until a cafe opened so we could get some breakfast. I then went to sleep while seb and dan went shopping , the day went by and we planed to have a power nap before going out, turned out that we all slept until 1.30am. I was to sleepy hence didnt bother going out, dan and seb did and they had a good night in the end (i was secretly gutted). Next day me and seb went for a jog to see the sights, first bit of propper exercise for ages. The city has a nice monument which is on the 10 peso note. That night went out looking for the famous Argentine steak, none to be found-crap.

Next day decided to leave for Uruguay, got to the bus stop in the morning and dan decided that he didnt want to come so he headed off to Buenos Aires early where we would meet him in a few days. Me and seb then fighting against the language barrier tried to get a bus to Mercedes in Uruguay using a map pointing to Uruguay on the map. Got our tickets and settled down to ten hours in the bus stop waiting for the bus. Got about eight hours in when we realised that there is also a Mercedes in Argentina and that is where we had got our tickets too. All sorted itself out in the end lost a third of the value of the tickets-but learnt a valuble lesson (sarcastic). Instead got the night bus to the capital of Uruguay-Montevideo.

Lots of love petexxx

p.s i didnt take any photos so another photoless blog im afraid

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb