Italian Football, Premiership and all this in Rosario!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Santa Fe » Rosario
January 21st 2007
Published: January 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday morning around 4:00 am we arrived in Rosario safe and sound. The bus trip with Tac bus from Cordoba was a a bumpy ride and the bus seemed to fall apart any minute. If you can use a different compnay, please do so!
Then we settled into a nice and old hotel - yes, we finally lost the ´s´ and upgraded from hostel to hotel. Rosario itself, is dominated by the River Parana, which carries very brown water and the unspoilt delta islands. We visited the beaches on the island and on the mainland, but the water was too brown to swim for us! Although the Argentines didn´t mind that and had a good time on the beach. Hence, we spent most of our time to try Rosario´s restaurants, bars and coffee houses. Here, we ate the best food of Argentina as you can either go for your favourite steak or fresh fish in one of the charming fish restaurants on the river front. We also couldn´t make up our mind, if we prefer Isenbeck or Quilmes beer as both are very good. Hence, we took some silly pictures and yes, drinking beer doesn´t make you more beautiful! Today, we had a lot of fun watching Inter Milan winning and then Arsenal beating Man Utd. It is fairly easy to watch Eurpean football here, just go and ask and they will put it on if they can. Funny, how they always ask how many people want to watch the game - ahem we are only two! However, it doesn´t matter and the people here are very nice. It is a bit sad that we are leaving Argentina today especially as we didn´t see the South.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb