Moon Valley and puking!!!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » San Juan » Ischigualasto
June 7th 2006
Published: June 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Caught the bus from San Juan striaght to Valle Fertile to await the others before doing the tour. A wee mix up and the others headed to Salta to wait for us. So we spent the first day in the only 1 of 2 restaurants in the village. After drinking a few beers we decide to order food to find everything we want is not available and although they did show us a big menu they in fact only have one choice available!! Which of course is steak!!! So we tuck in!!! There is one bar in the town which doubles as a supermarket!!! That night in the hostel they do a big bbq with of course steak again!!! We head off to bed to prepare for our tour to the valley of the moon.

Saw some amazing landscapes, rock formations ra ra ra!! (Check out my photos which are stolen from Nikki as I am 2 lazy to download mine yet)! Ate the pack lunch prepared by the tour company.

On arrival back at the hostel me Nikki and Bow started to feel sick!! Within hours (6 hours after we had eaten lunch) we all started puking like u have never seen anyone puke before. Totall madness really really bad puking!!! After the puking the shakes and the rest!! So bad the hostel owners insist we go to the hospital!!! Third world hospital not the best, so poor, bless the nurse for totally rubbing my back whilst I was puking like a mad woman, and then being delarious after the puking!!! After checking the needles were sterile we got some jags in the bum which stopped the puking!! And the hospital drove us back to our hostel where we tried to sleep with like 12 thick blankets. No solids for a few days we were back to normal!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb