Salta


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Salta » Salta
April 7th 2008
Published: April 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Argentina has amazing diversity in it's landscape! As we drive to Cafayate we go through the Sacred Valley of the Indians, where there is lush green vegetation at the bottom. Nearer the top we are surrounded by cacti, bare mountains and desert conditions! We then drive to Salta rafting and drive through absolutely beautiful bare red rocks and mountains with green shrubery as well.

4th April
In Salta I visit the Museo de Historical del Norte set in a beautiful courtyard but all in spanish so I don't really know what it was about! Then I go by myself to climb the 1136 steps up Cerro San Bernardo, a hill overlooking the city (yes they have them everywhere). The steps aren't too difficult and although it is red hot they are in the shade. It is lovely at the top, a few statues and some waterfalls and a good view over the city. After climbing down I meet up with Tasha and Joy and we go rowing on the lake in the park. We then go into the centre of town and sit in the plaza. Salta has some beautiful old buildings and yet it is a modern city.

That evening the whole group go out for a meal as it is our last night in Argentina. Argentina has been brilliant, I feel I have experienced every part of it; from tango in Buenos Aires, to the bleakness in Patagonia, to the end of the world in Ushuaia, the fantastic Moreno glacier and all the beautiful contrasts in scenery.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0738s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb