A Ride In Salta!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Salta » Salta
February 20th 2008
Published: February 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

From Buneos Aires we flew to Salta, in the north of Argentina. Just a few hours in a plane but not very nice. Every flight we have been on near or over the Andes has had some horrible turbulance, pretty frightening stuff. Anyway after landing in Salta like a Yo-Yo, we arrived in a tranquill and friendly city. The following day we went riding, of course you have to ride in Argentina! We had a bbq with consisted of plate after plate of meat, salad and wine, during which a boy was practicing lassooing the horses in the paddock. What patient and kind horses, to not lash out when this boy just chased them round and round in the heat!

The horses we actually well looked after and so I was quite happy to go out and ride....

A group of six of us went out, Will and I, a Swiss guy called Oliver, the main gaucho and two of his friends that just came round for lunch. We rode through countryside scattered with cactuses...and then through forest where you couldn´t see more than 6 inches in front of you.

At the end, near the farm the gaucho shouted 'Who wants to go fast?!' Everyone did but one of his friends, so we shot up the lane, me in second and so I got a good look at the man´s horse in front, dance to the side, put his breaks on and thus the man promptly flew over his horses head, and onto his back. He was slightly unscathed but for the 10 holes in the back of his t-shirt.

It was pretty amusing, but none the less, we didn´t wait and set of down the track again, with Will racing Oliver...

A brilliant day all in all, for of course you have to ride in Argentina!




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Some of the fantastic scenery.Some of the fantastic scenery.
Some of the fantastic scenery.

The photo's don't do it justice.


26th February 2008

What a trip!
Kate you are really inspiring me to go further! Great blog full of interest and info and 'personal bits' that make a really interesting read. Keep it going..............Lots of love dad xxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb