A Gorgeous Weekend


Advertisement
Published: March 30th 2005
Edit Blog Post

SunriseSunriseSunrise

The sunrise over the mountains was amazing!
This past weekend my friends and I decided to go to Bariloche because it was Semana Santa. We got Thursday and Friday off of school and so we thought it was an opportune time to go and check out what Argentina has to offer.

We flew into Neuquen which is the capital of the province of Neuquen and then we took a bus to Bariloche. The bus ride was 5 and a half hours, which is a bit different than the four that our travel agent told us. We made it to Bariloche Thursday evening.

We decided that we were going to take full advantage of what Bariloche had to offer and went on excursions all three days we were there. Our first day there we took a boat tour. The tour started at 7 am, so we almost didn't go, but it was really cool to see the sunrise on the mountains. One of the lakes we toured was called Lago Frías. From this lake we were able to see Cerro Tronador which is the biggest mountain the Haupi National Park. We also took a little trek to a cascarade. Along the way we stopped at a beach.
The Beautiful WaterThe Beautiful WaterThe Beautiful Water

The water is so clear in The Andies, that you can barely tell my hands are in the water
The beach had the most amazing clear water. It was all picturesque.

The second day we decided to be a little more adventurous and went white water rafting through the Andies. It was amazing. The rafting was a level three, which for me was about right. It was tough, and we got wet, but it wasn't too tough. When we got out of the raft we had to hike up a steep hill, but when we reached the top we were in Chile. It was all so beautiful.

The third day we took a tour just on Mt. Tronador. We went to one of it's glaciers called Glacier Negro. Although it didn't seem to be as active as the glaciers I've seen in Alaska, it was really interesting to see how far it has receeded in twenty years. After the glacier we hiked to another cascarade. They were all so beautiful. I definitely recommend Barioche as one of the places you visit in Argentina.

Okay well I'm off to go search for my books for class.

Chau,
Jamie


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

PicturesquePicturesque
Picturesque

This is one of the beautiful sights we saw on our tour of Mt. Tronador.


30th March 2005

Enjoying your trip with you!
Thanks for writing this journal so we can all experience a piece of your trip with you. The photos are wonderful! Keep them coming! (Although I realize you don't have a lot of spare time) Thinking of you often, Love Aunt Karen - Aunt Karen
5th April 2005

Clear Water
Wow Jamie... That water is so clear in The Andes, that you can barely tell that your hands are in the water. Wow, You are having an amazing time there.. and the places you are visiting are sooooo beautiful.. How's your tan? I see you're starting to get technical on us. Digital photos, webpages... it's a new you. Alright, have a nice week Dvrizzle. And how bout that comment from the "other" Jamie Devries down in Arizona? Wierd eh? -Jung K - Jung Koral

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb