BUENOS AIRES


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
January 1st 2011
Published: January 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone, sorry i havent bloged for a while, i have so much to tell you so its gonna be highlights im afraid i hope you dont mind.....So BA was amazing, absolutely loved it. The first night our hostel had no water and the second day no water, but apart from that, everything was brilliant. Felt really westernised with the subte, haha one of the trains on a specific line had a really old train running on it, that was made of wood and had manual windows and doors, with victorian looking lights, was a hoot.

Saw the Casa Rosada where Eva Peron gave her speech, saw Evitas grave, there was also a museum about her life which we visited and learnt about her work and her relationship with Peron.

We also went to a tango show wich was aboslutely amazing and the costumes and set design and the live band were brilliant. The only downside was the 7 pounds beer that we paid for. Tiny bottle aswell, what a rip off. Nevermind, part of the experience eh!!

We also saw the site which the first argentinian flag was raised in BA. We went out twice to nightclubs, met some crazy irish people who when hungover said they had a head like a bag of rats.....saw crazy argentinians dancing in a club....bet they had a saw head the next day.

Really liked BA saw vintage fairs in San Telmo and had street dancing and music which was cool, there was a transvestite there too, and went to the History Museum which wasnt as good as Rio.

Sunny and hot everyday, loved BA!!!!!

Of course we sunbathed a few days in some parks.

Our friends had their day bag stolen on the subte. One person talked to them and distracted them, another person knicked their bag and ran away. had their passport money and phone in it, cos they were getting a bus to a different city.... was gutted for them

Another girl had her camera knicked on a night out. So BA wasnt so safe as we thought, but we had no problems....

Had panchos and pizzas for tea yummy.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb