FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Tandil
January 1st 2011
Published: January 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

NAVIDAD!!!!!!!!!!!
So...........christmas was so much fun. We spent it with friends that we had met a month ago in Rio de Janeiro, they invited us to spend christmas with us, and said that they were very pleased to have us on such a special day and wanted us to feel like we had a second family, with our family being all the way away in England. It was such a lovely thought and I was really grateful to the Durruty Family for their hospitality and graciousness. We arrived on the 23rd night an hour late but they met us. We had a catch up and they had made a big effort to learn more english which i found very thoughtful and nice of them!! We ate food and then went out to a nightclub at about 2am. Argentinians dont go out til at least 2am and party til the sun rises at about 7-8am its really mental. So we set off and had a live band play in a nightclub was really cool. Was latin american music, drank some beer and shouted SALUD!!!!!!

Then we went on a city tour the next day, saw the moving stone, a journey of christs walk to the cross, with various stations leading to the main big crucifix. Was beautiful, especially as we did this xmas eve, it felt very appropriate. People had left hankies of the handrails as promises to jesus and had also left thankyous on the actual foot of the crucifix to thank god for his miracles. Was crazy. We then saw the lake of Tandil and got ice cream, with dulce de leche, was lush.

At night we celebrated xmas, Emilios mother father and sister came round and we already had his twin sister and his other brother with us. We sat down to cold meats, and a BBQ they even had roast potaotes!!! We had champagne that me and stace brought for them at midnight and went outside and watched fireworks, was lovely. Then had fruit salad and nougart for pudding!!! Also lots of beer obviously!!! Stayed up chatting til 3am and Emilio and his brother Seba seranaded us on the guitar and harmonica.

Then xmas day we spent in their pool. We then had another city tour, and went to the monutains and the park idependicia, which marked their independance from spain. We ate empanadas and watched tv.

The next day we went to a local pool, sunbathed and went out to a different nightclub.

Then we left Tandil for Cordoba.
Was so lovely. Key words we learnt......Salud.....CHEERS......mas o menos.....so so........FELIZ NAVIDAD......merry christmas!!! BORRACHO.....drunk!!!! :-)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.224s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1732s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb