Iguazu Falls


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Neuquén
December 28th 2008
Published: December 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Iguazu falls were spectacular! We were blown away. We spent the first day exploring the Argentinian side of the falls. It was pretty easy to get there by local bus from the bus station. They are just so huge and powerful! We could hear them clearly way before we saw them. We got a speed boat ride right in underneath them ( the Devil´s mouth). It was great fun! We were delighted to get drenched as it was very hot. We took a trip through the park where we saw tucans and alls sorts of exotic plants and trees. The Brazilian side, the next day was just as jaw- dropping! Here we could see the actual length of the falls-I think about 3km approx. We took an organised tour here from the hostel-it was easier as they sorted out all your passport stuff with crossing the border.
The town itself, Foz, is very small and hasn´t much to offer except a few restaurants. We stayed in Hostel Inn, about 5km out of Foz. It´s deemed the best in South America-A huge big pool-outside bar-restaurant-games area-BBQs -entertainment-we even learned the samba -The hostel was really, really good!It was really nice to just chill out for the third day there by the pool. 3 days were just perfect!

After that we headed back to Buenos Aires by overnight bus and from there headed 2 hours outside BA to San Antonio de Areco where we stayed with Fr Seamus ( a native of Borris) who is parish priest there. San Antonio is just so lovely-gaucho country-a quiet farming area with lovely warm friendly people. We spent Christmas there with Fr Seamus. He spoiled us for our 5 days there-a wonderful host-lovely home cooked food and lots of chat and cards. We had the works for the Christmas dinner-turkey-ham-stuffing-pudding. He brought us to 2 bbqs-great fun! Lots of Irish descendants there-they all headed out in the 19th century to the farming land-lots of people who look so Irish and talk with Irish accents!

Next and final Sth American stop -Santiago de Chile.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



30th December 2008

great vacation!
I have to agree with you, the waterfall was fascinating! I am thinking about traveling back next year, we booked through Wildlife Vacations, Inc and didn't have any problems. Our traveling was very smooth and we were able to visit numerous sites. Great pictures!

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb