Iguazu falls


Advertisement
Published: May 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The end of Argentina has definitely been better than the start. We went to Iguazu to visit some of the biggest waterfalls in the world, but first had to pop in to Paraguay to buy a camera, as you do. We got on the local bus, but that meant we didn’t stop when we reached the border, so we had no stamp to enter the country. This was slightly worrying, but when we tried to leave there was a crush of motortaxis, minivans, huge coaches and people to cross in to Brazil and nobody was stopped there either.

The waterfalls are as incredible as everybody says with rainbows everywhere. We got a mini train across the park and started walking around the 200 waterfalls – they have paths leading right up to where the water crashes into the river, an elevator which takes you up to the top of the waterfalls and a platform where you can stand at the edge of where gallons and gallons of water pour down a gigantic cliff.

Our last stop here is a week in Buenos Aires, it was so nice arriving and getting on the tube again and it is one of the biggest cities I’ve seen – one road we had to cross to get to our hostel had 18 lanes of traffic, which wasn’t that fun with all our backpacks but has been great to go back to.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.322s; Tpl: 0.047s; cc: 12; qc: 41; dbt: 0.1361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 4; ; mem: 1.1mb