Falling


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Puerto Iguazú
March 4th 2009
Published: March 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Another little "hop" later, only 18 hours on the bus this time, and we arrived in puerto iguazu. Our hostel was just over the road from the bus terminal, which was just as well cos the humidity was about 30 billion % NO EXAGGERATION.....
So we sweatted the day away until the aircon came on in our room and we could breathe without getting our clothes soaking wet...
Next day we visited the Iguazu National Park.
Was really impressed with the park itself, very easy to negotiate around, paved paths and raised walkways kept us tourist hordes from trampling the forest and led to various view points of the falls.
Spent the morning wandering the upper and then the lower walkways, so amazing how huge the falls are, in terms of height, length, number of separate falls.... incredible.
Took a launch over to Isla San Martin, and hiked up a steep hill, loads of fun in the heat! But led to another couple of view points. Took lunch on the beach and jumped into the water for a welcome cool off.
Next we took a boat/road trip around the park - la gran aventura - it was awesome! First part of
Iguazu FallsIguazu FallsIguazu Falls

looking at Brazil
the activity was on a speed boat, we whizzed up to the falls for some photo ops, then round to face the Gargantua, the largest drop as the name might suggest... We were then taken for a thorough soaking under one of the same falls on the side, excellent, couldn't stop laughing. We then came back round to another falls, again were plunged under, was exhilarating, refreshing, breath-taking.... yayaya more more....
We then sped down the river, got another couple of soakings going through the rapids!
We then arrived at a dock and walked up to take a 4x4 truck for a 30 mins guided tour of the forest, really lovely.
Next took the train to the gargantua view point. Passed by a very active Caiman... at first thought it was dead, and then after 10 minutes it moved... slightly... apparently thats very active for these guys.. we got to the view point and another WOW.... watching the falls churn over and down into the gorge, getting soaked by spray got me in giggles
Another scorching walk back to shuttle train and it was soon time for the return bus...
Absolutely fantastic day!
Was all round impressed with the park, it was well organised, with clear paths and walkways so people could get some stunning views of the falls, but the surrounding forest didnt get damaged. Big thumbs up - would highly recommend it!






Additional photos below
Photos: 55, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Iguazu FallsIguazu Falls
Iguazu Falls

swimming on Isla San Martin


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb