Thunderous force of Iguazu


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Puerto Iguazú
November 6th 2008
Published: November 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Panorama from Brazilian SidePanorama from Brazilian SidePanorama from Brazilian Side

You just can´t fit it all in the lens!
Well after bidding farewell to Sean & Zoz we jumped the 17hr overnight bus to Puerto Iguazu to experience the infamous Iguazu falls which border Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay... before I start I just have to say "wow" about the fully reclining seats, full service including champagne on the bus... what a way to travel... we both sat there (no actually lay down) thinking this is as close to first class we are ever going to get... unfortunately we haven't found it again since but remain hopeful for the rest of our Argentine bus journeys...

Anyway I digress...

The Iguaza Falls... what an amazing rush of force from these 2.7km long range of waterfalls! The noise and the force just has to be experienced as you walk out nervously onto one of the many viewing platforms, clutching the railing in hope that you won´t be blown away! They've done a fantastic job in getting these out there and you can get right up close (to the point of being absolutely drenched) to feel the pure force of nature and stand there and wonder "where does all that water come from?"

We even managed a little boat trip that bl**dy well went almost into one of the falls itself leaving us soaked head to toe for most of the day... but it was very cool to get that close even if you couldn´t open your eyes due to the forceful spray of the fall!




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Coati MundiCoati Mundi
Coati Mundi

Strange name for a strange looking creature!
Iguazu Falls Iguazu Falls
Iguazu Falls

Up close and personal


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb