The Spirit Of Argentina


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Puerto Iguazú
January 28th 2008
Published: January 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Leaving New Zealand i thought the landscape there will be hard to beat...well Argentina has definitely definitely change my mind again.

I leave the pics to explains for it self...Enjoy whilst im on my 48hour bus journey to Salvador for the carnaval.

Miss all you guys back home!!!... especially when your dancing and eating huge seafood platters and oysters without me 😞 grrrrrrrr!!! Love ya CiaoXX




Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Peurto IguazuPeurto Iguazu
Peurto Iguazu

The almighty Iguazu Falls. WOW HUH!!!?
Tango ClassesTango Classes
Tango Classes

hehehe...me love it!!...As promised to myself I finally got some Private Tango classes. It was great!! My teacher didnt speak a word of English and me after 6 weeks in S America still as useless as ever with Spanish but somehow the love for dancing prevail, we got on perfectly and i had so much fun and believe to be doing very well after 3 lessons, that he dragged me out at his demonstration show to dance with him in front of everyone. Giving me many praises.
The Tango Spirit of San TelmoThe Tango Spirit of San Telmo
The Tango Spirit of San Telmo

This i love!!.. With a Sunday terrible hangover from a late night of salsa dancing and polishing many glasses of G&T's, socialising with local Argentine's. Strolling the streets of La Boca & San Telmo, with all sorts of music coming from each corner, People dancing on the streets, alleyways, Plaza's. You can not miss the passion and love these people have for their music and dance. You really can spend months here in Beunas Aires.
Punta De Este- UruguayPunta De Este- Uruguay
Punta De Este- Uruguay

Tearing ourself away from BA, we decided to squeeze in Uruguay (another stamp in the passport) :) A nice break from the big city. Anthony enjoying a huge tuna salad after a whole day sunbathing on the beach. We got a little sunburnt, fell asleep DOPE!!!.. im still pealing now after weeks.
The Cobble Streets of Colonia- UruguayThe Cobble Streets of Colonia- Uruguay
The Cobble Streets of Colonia- Uruguay

Another gorgeous day strolling the beautiful cobble streets of Colonia before catching our ferry back to B Aires. By night it was even more impressive.
Standing on the edge of the world!!Standing on the edge of the world!!
Standing on the edge of the world!!

Here i am, At the end of the road, the edge of the world, the southern most town of the world. Ushuaia!!!.. If i knew the end of the world was this beautiful!!!!... :) Im on top of the world!!!! wooohooo!!
Ushuaia National ParkUshuaia National Park
Ushuaia National Park

Here my perspective in life really did change!!!.. Having that clear moment to reflect what is really important to you.
Moreno Glacier- El CalafateMoreno Glacier- El Calafate
Moreno Glacier- El Calafate

Wow what can i say!!!...standing there watching patiently as the Glacier comes crashing down making tis huge thundering sound thats travels right through you.
Sarah ,  Anthony & Emma.Sarah ,  Anthony & Emma.
Sarah , Anthony & Emma.

These girls are amazing...they did a 3 week trek in Napal carrying their bags, poor emma twisted her knee but continue regardless to the top. THATS MY GIRL!!!!!...you see us little girl looks small and helpless but when the time comes we are the bomb. hehehehe
Patagonia ChannelsPatagonia Channels
Patagonia Channels

Sailing through the Patagonia Channel through Chile, was our cunning way to avoid taking long bus journey to Bariloche. Also gave us some time to relax and enjoy some stunning views, sea/river life. We spotted Whales, Dolphine, Sea Lions, Flightless ducks.
Oh Yeah!!!Oh Yeah!!!
Oh Yeah!!!

Enjoy those beautiful colour blending together as night falls, with the moon peeping out to play and the sun disapearing.
Trekking in BarilocheTrekking in Bariloche
Trekking in Bariloche

oh my god!!!... this trek started off so beautifully, as we trekked along the river, hopping over rocks, logs, bamboo trails and rocky mountains up to "Laguna Negro", but due to our short time in Bariloche we needed to continue to the next camp so again a varied trek, climbing over rock edge, and roping down rock face, over snow we then took a wrong turn....off the beaten track!!!
Before the WRONG TURN!!!!Before the WRONG TURN!!!!
Before the WRONG TURN!!!!

which meant we have to climb back up this rocky mountain where the earth and rocks crumbles under your feet as the walk. I really did see myself being buried under an avalanche of rocks as we both crawled on our hands and knees climbing back up. The Panaramic view at the top was absolutely breathtaking and if it was my time to go then i would have still been happy knowing i did what i'd loved..ADVENTURE!!!
Foz Do IguacuFoz Do Iguacu
Foz Do Iguacu

We made it to the Brazil side...Personally i think its just as impressive and worth seeing for sure. A totally different perspective from the Argentina side.
Saying our farewell.Saying our farewell.
Saying our farewell.

Anthony off to Rio for the carnaval and me a 48 hour bus ride to Salvador.


Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 64; dbt: 0.1058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb