Day 14


Advertisement
Published: June 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

A van came and picked us up from our hotel and we left to the Iguazu National Park. The day was cloudy and it has been forecasted to rain. I however remained optimistic and insisted that I could see bits of blue sky and so there's still a high chance of it being a sunny day.
Our first stop was Garganta del Diablo (Devil's Throat). We had to take a train to reach the place. It was the largest waterfall in the national park. It drains 40% of the water body. Mists were flying everywhere and I could scarcely see the bottom of the waterfall. But oh was it majestic. It was nothing like I've ever seen before. I didn't want to leave for fear that I would forget such natural wonder.
We took the train back and from there, embarked on a short but stunning upper trail. We could see the myriad of small waterfalls side by side and there were different tiers too. The green rainforest only added to the charm of this national park. We walked along the bridge which brings us to the edge of the waterfalls. The bridge originally connects to the Devil's Throat but a
flood in July 2014 washed part of the bridge away.
We then went to the Lower trail. From here we could see the San Martin falls (2nd largest waterfall in Iguazu) and Bossetti falls (3rd). It had started to rain by then but it was still a sight to behold.
We then took a small path that led to the river for our boat ride. Along that path, you could see both falls at the same time. It was incredible. I kept stopping every few seconds to turn around and take pictures. I was positively soaked.
The boat ride was an adventure ride. It took us really close to waterfalls with the aim of soaking us to our bones. It didn't really help that it was still raining. So when it sped along the river, the raindrops felt like hail stones pelting down.
By the end of the whole tour, we were soaked and cold. We came to this tour so unprepared. Hah. The weather was pretty shitty but I thought that it added to the experience.
At night we went to La Rueda for dinner. I had fish and crepes with dolce de leche. It was all so good. See a recurring theme here?
Tomorrow, we'll be going to the Brazilian side to see the waterfall. I hope it doesn't rain.
Bueno noches.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb