Iguazu Falls - Argentina


Advertisement
Published: March 9th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We took a taxi from our hotel in Brazil to the Parque Nacional Iguazu in Argentina. The drive was about 45 minutes so it was not a cheap ride. We should have rented a car. We had to cross the border into Argentina but that did not take long. You need to be sure and have your passport with you and your proof of payment of the resiprosity fee. Our next mistake was we assumed since we paid by credit card in Brazil we would be able to pay by credit card in Argentina. NO - they accept cash only and we did not have enough cash. We went to the ATM machine but it was not working. I asked at the window if they would take Brazilian money and they said yes but only as a favor. YEA we were in. While waiting for the park to open I bought a sun hat. I lost my visor somewhere along the way. We have added the visor to the list of things lost on this trip, like my glasses, our camera etc.

Once in the park we boarded a train that leaves from the entrance. There are two stops but almost everyone wants to get off at the last stop. We were on the first train of the day and headed out on walkways to the falls. At the end you can view Salto San Martin the second largest falls in the park. You do not get wet on the walk. The Argentina park has a powerboat trip that take you close to the falls so you get drenched by the water. The boat trip is an extra fee. We decided not to take the boat trip. The Argentina side of the park has many paths to hike. We hiked all of them and there was no additonal fee for the hikes. There is a Sheraton Hotel in the park and you can have lunch at the Sheraton if you wish. We saw birds and monkeys on our hikes. The falls are amazing and every travelor we have met has made Iguazu a part of their trip. It is a must see.

At the end of the day we went back to the entrance and looked for a taxi. We asked the taxi driver if he could take us back to our hotel in Brazil and stop at the huge duty free store on the way. We asked if he would wait for us while we shopped for a new camera and how much would he charge. He gave us a fee and we accepted. He drove us for 15 minutes to the duty free shop then said we owed me 3/4 of the fee and he would not wait for us. We told him we were going shopping and if he wanted his money he should be outside when we returned. He did not speak English and tried to find people who spoke Engilsh to explain to us that he had another job and had to leave. We held firm and when we were done shopping he was outside.

The next day we made our third mistake. Our hotels wifi was not working so we could not print our boarding pass or check on our flight. Since were were flying to Argentina next and it is an international flight from Brazil we got to the airport two hours early. When we tried to check in we were told our flight was not from the Brazil airport but the airport in Argentina. We quickley grabbed a cab and headed to Argentina. The ride took us an hour and we had to cross the border which took longer than the day before. We arrived at the Argentina airport in time to check in. That is not the way to start a flight. So we boared our plane and off we went to Mendoza, Argentina.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb