Iguazu Falls - Brazil


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Paraná » Iguaçu Falls
March 6th 2015
Published: March 9th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We flew to Fox do Iguacu in Brazil from Rio. It was a short flight and the taxi ride to our hotel was only ten minutes. We arranged for our taxi driver to pick us up in the morning and take us to the Brazil side of the falls. Iguazu is a park in two contries and each is run seperately. The Brazil park is in Brazil of course. The Brazil park accepts credit cards so we paid with a credit card and went in. They have buses that take you through the park. You can get off at different stops. Everyone including us usually takes the bus to the end of the line where you walk along a path and walkways to view the magnificent falls. At the end, the walkway takes you close enough to the falls to get very wet. We were prepared with rain jackets and rain pants. A man sold plastic ponchos to people who did not come prepared. From the Brazil side you get a panoramic view of the falls and Devils Throat. Devis Throat is the most drmatic falls in the park at 82 meters high and 150 meters wide. We had lunch in the park then we wanted to take a hike.

We got off the bus at an entrance to a path to the river but were informed you had to pay to walk on the path. They could also give you a ride to the end of the path for a fee so you could rent a boat or kayak. We declined. A popular option in the park is a boat trip given by Macuco Safari. One of the bus stops is Macuco Safari booth where you pay for the tour. They then take you on a ride to the river and you get on a boat which takes you toward the falls. You can also pay for a helicopter ride over the falls. We went for a long walk along the road in the park then returned to our hotel by public bus. Our hotel had a pool so we swam and enjoyed a beer. If you only have one day, you will need to decide which side of the falls to visit. I loved the views from the Brazil side but since we decided not to pay for the additional tours there was not much for us to do. Your best bet is to spend two days and see both parks. We also took a public bus into town and had traditonal Brazilan dish called Feijoada. It is a stew with beans, beef and pork that is served in restaurants only one day a week because it needs to be slowly cooked. It was served with fried bananas, rice, sausages and organges. We were stuffed and returned to our hotel by public bus. We will visit the Argentina side of the park next.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0848s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb