Now thats a lot of water, Iguazu Falls


Advertisement
Published: March 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hola,
Well after our day off, of swiming and relaxing we went to the national park the next day to see the falls. The park has a disney feel to it, lines, lots of people and only certain ways you can walk, so your always with lots of people. There are a few diffrent parts of the park to see. The devils throat, then the upper and lower falls. All in all this takes about 4-6 hours of walking, and viewing to see it all. We arrived at the park around 11am, via local bus. Its $60 pesos to get it,, argg, again like disney, haha. Well thats pesos not US remember. But one thing i noticed is for locals the price was only 7 pesos? That seems a little overboard on the price increase for tourists, but hey thats the way it is. Well i have to say i am very glad C had the idea to come here first to make sure we saw it. It is an awesome site to see!! Its really impressive and soo big, like niagra on steroids!! haha. I will say one thing i have noticed while riding the bike and being able to stop in small towns to sleep and eat, we are wayy off the regular tourist/backpacker path and we hardly see any backpackers. Well i think that spoils us, because once in that park, or even this town for that matter we are right back in one of the biggest tourist attractions in south america, and boy ohh boy are there tourists !! I find i really dislike having hundreds of people around me, seeing and doing exactly what we are doing. Obviously thats how it is, and we deal with it, but man, again i have to say a definite perk of having the bike, the freedom. So back to the park. Well the park is a jungle, obviously, so it is perty darn hot and humid to begin with, maybe 88, with 98 humidity. Well we were lucky enough to have a nice rain storm while we were in the park, so after the rain stopped i think the humidity went up to about, umm 120%? It was hot. And of course there are lots and lots of stairs to climb. Anyway it was a great site to see, and well worth the time and effort.
We plan on leaving tomoroow morning and heading south. We are going to take a diffrent route back for 2 reasons, one to see new things, and 2 because if we decide to head west to mendoza, we want to be on the right road to do it from. We figure it will be another 3 to 4 days to make it back to Buenos aires, but on the 3rd day we will have to decide whether to go west, or go south. We have added some padding to our bike seat, now we look real white trash!!haha. But i think it will help our butttts.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0622s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb