BIke trip day 7: Back on the road....


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Corrientes
March 25th 2009
Published: March 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


HOla,
Well after our last night in luxury, its back on the road for us. We got a decent start this Am, on the road by 10.30. Well first off, the extra seat padding we put on the seat seems to be working pretty well. We bought a camping sleeping foam pad and cut it up and taped it to the seat, haha. Looks terrible, but hey whatever works! So todays plan was to go about 400km to a town called Ituzaingo, its about 100km west of the town Posadas. Todays ride went pretty well. I have to say it felt soo good to get back on the bike, and start riding. It really exciting to know we get to come and go as we please , no bus schedules to follow, Its all up to us. Im sure everyone has traveled somewhere by air, and other places by car, and of course when you have your own car it gives you that extra freedom to do what you want. Well thats how we feel, and being in a foreighn country doing it, well its spectacular!! No suprises today, we made decent time all day. The bike is running pretty good, i found with all the little leaks i have to add about a quarter quart of oil each day, Oiled the chain, checked the air filter , all is well. Well as well as its gonna get for this bad boy. The ride took us out of the jungle lanscape thats soo nice and we now entered kansas !! haha,, it go pretty flat, and we see cows, and holy hot,, it got even hotter. The last hour of our ride today was pretty brutal becasue of the heat. It wouldnt let up, and we were baking. I sped up some, and barreled along at around 75mph to try and get to our destination quicker, but we still baked. We arrived around 4pm, taking a break each hour of course. The town is tiny, but we found a decent place to stay, cheap, has air and a tv, so we are both happy. I havnt seen another tourist yet, so that means we are back on the bike!!! The town is on a rive, so we went and walked by the beach a little, but its still hot out, so it was a short walk. Now we are in the air con internet cafe, doing this email stuff, then off to dinner, and bed. Tomorow we are gonna take a short cut. C found a nice road on the map that looks like it will save us some time, and maybe be more scenic. So we will see how that goes! haha. We hope to get to a town called Goya. Another 400 or so km from here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

another police check pointanother police check point
another police check point

they actually tried to make me pay$5, but i just smiled and said HUH? no hablo


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb