Bike trip day 8 : Are we in the everglades now?


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Corrientes
March 26th 2009
Published: March 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


photos added finally...............................


Hola,
Well we did some more riding today. We got an early start for a change and we were on the rode by 9:30am. We wanted to make sure to leave ourself some extra time since we were taking a diffrent route than the main route. So after about 80km we found our shortcut road and off we went. Well this road basically skirts a protected wetlands area. This was a great choice by C, a perfect road, no traffic, really pretty scenery the whole way. It looked like we entered the florida everglades. Lots of water, and palm trees everywhere. The roads were pretty straight, but we were the only ones on it most of the time, and i think out of all the other traffic we did see, half of it was either people on horses, or bicylces. We were really in some rural areas. Most of the so called towns we went through were just dirt roads, people riding there horses, wooden shack type houses. All was very interetsing to see. And when we came barreling through their town they would all look and wave, and smile like they never saw such an ugly monster, not me the bike !! Anyway the ride was really pleasant and smooth. We made good time the whole way , and after about 2.5 hours on that rode we merged back to ruta 12, which isnt all that infested with traffic either haha, but still.. When we merged on 12, it was time for a stop, grab a bite to eat, So there was a gas station on that corner, so we decided to stop there becasue one thing we learned is you never know how far the next food, gas, life will be on these roads. Well to our suprise this gas station offered a buffet kind of grub. You grab a plate, fill it up, and they weigh it and you pay. The food wasnt bad, well it was better than old country buffet in my opinon. We had some empanadas, C had some pasta, i had a piece of steak with grilled vegetables, some noodles, and french fries,, mm mmm love eatin healthy while on the road. Soafter, off we went, another 1.5 hours of riding to go and now it looks like rain. Well no luck, we didnt get the rain, but those clouds covering the sun sure made it feel much cooler out !! Bye bye clouds, hello sun. It got really hot again for the last part of the ride today, but we made it. We are staying in a town called Goya, we rode about 400km today. We still have about 800km to Buenos aires. We have to decide tonight if we are going back, or going west to mendoza. We are both on the fence, i know i would love to keep going, helk i would dump the rest of the tirp and stay on the bike until its time to fly home, but thats not in the cards, and not fair to either of us. We have to check flight dates tonight and make sure we can even change our dates, or whats available, we may have to ride another month if we cant get another flight home, haha. So all this to think about. Also the bike, while running like the tank it is, is having a few issues, it seems to be gulping a bit more oil each day, which, sure just keep filling it, but thats a bad sign. Its not a deal breaker, just more things to consider. Many choices, luckily all good ones.

Ohh and i know i have some lulls in posting here, and then you forget, or email and ask me if i did one yet, or i wasnt able to upload pics, then i do, i wanted to say just click on the subscribe thing, then it will email you when i update or make a new one of these things. I dont think it sends you any junk mail if you put your email in there,,crissy did it, she would know..

later


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb