Puerto Iguazú


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Iguazú National Park
September 18th 2003
Published: January 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Puerto Iguazú forms a natural balcony that looks to Brazil over the inferior Iguazu and the Paraguay rivers through the Alto Paraná. From the city you can take different excursions and visits to the Iguazú National Park and the Iguazu Falls which are considered being one of the Seven Wonders of the World due to their natural magnificence and their wonderful vegetation, astounding those who have the possibility of getting in contact with them.


There is nothing to be compared with Cataratas del Iguazú (Iguazú Falls) because they are incredible. They have 250 spectacular falls that weigh 70 meters and they are connected to the Iguazú River which originates 1300 meters above the sea level and flows into the Paraná River only to 90 meters.

My advice is to explore the place by you. We took The Big Venture: excursion that combines the water and the forest, entering into the "Garganta del Diablo" with a boat. But it was nothing special. It's better to observe the falls and take a walk through incredible Misiones forest which form part of the National park.

...enjoy...


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

The Indigenous peoplesThe Indigenous peoples
The Indigenous peoples

Guaraní was one of the most important tribal groups of South America, living mostly between the Uruguay and lower Paraguay Rivers in what is now Paraguay, and the Corrientes and Entre Rios Provinces of Argentina. The name Guaraní means "warrior." Guaraní called themselves Abá (men).
yurumíyurumí
yurumí

ant bear
FallsFalls
Falls

Brazil & Argentina's falls


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb