Iguazu Falls - Argentina


Advertisement
Published: August 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Iguazu Falls - a very big waterfall

Following a 2 hour delay at Buenos Aires airport, we arrived in early evening to the balmy, humid weather of Iguazu! Our taxi ride to the ecolodge where we were staying required headgear it was so bumpy, but we were pleasantly surprised by the prettiness of our lodgings (it has a pool!!), the friendliness of the staff, and the jungle noises surrounding us as we slept.• City highlights: there´s only one reason you come to this part of argentina, and it´s not for the hospitality....the Falls are AMAZING. Taking a speedboat over the rapids towards the devil´s throat and getting drenched in the process; the trek through the jungle to get to better vantage points for photos of the numerous falls - we believe we outdid the japanese tourists we saw scattered around the place! jean´s dad would be proud...• Accommodation: 4/5 for the cute as a button wooden ecolodge and breakfast.• Food: Following on the tradition of Argentina so far, it´s empenada and steak city! prices are more inflated which is expected given that this is the most touristy part of argentina.• Misc: our wacky tourguide on the junglebus tour who claimed he saw a puma 7 times yesterday; the hundreds of butterflies in the national park that you can touch and hold - this coupled with the mist from the falls makes the place seem surreal; getting lost on the walk back to our lodge....paul also wants to highlight that iguazu has three countries bordering it!! isn´t that amazing!! 10 points to who can guess which ones! (answers will be given in the next travel blog for those anxiously waiting).


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.106s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb