Iguazu Falls - Argentina Side


Advertisement
Published: March 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We decided to go first to the Argentinian side of the Falls where you get better close-up views of the individual waterfalls. We took a boat right under the falls and then walked around the whole park.

Iguazu Falls makes Niagara look like a dripping tap. There are so many of them and so much water. The park itself is also very beautiful and home to lots of pretty butterflies and loads of geckos. We were lucky enough to be there on one of the 5 nights that they run full moon tours out to the falls at 10pm so we got to see the main section of the waterfalls in the dark and then looked all blueish because of the moon.

There's not much more to say so I'll just let you look at the photos to see for yourselves. I have hundreds of photos but am uploading one by one so if you're really uber keen on Iguazu I'll run a slide show for you sometime in the summer!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Up close and personalUp close and personal
Up close and personal

This photo doesnt really do justice to the rainbow. It was really beautiful and bright coloured.... probably a good reason to get a new camera (see following blog entry ;))
Jesus sandal tan marksJesus sandal tan marks
Jesus sandal tan marks

Beautiful don't you think?!
All you can eat buffetAll you can eat buffet
All you can eat buffet

This was great and we went here before the moonlit falls tour. It had a grill section where you could order steaks and chicken and sausages etc as well as a huge buffet! And it was all you can eat! I LOVE Argentina!
Hmm maybe I don't need that new cameraHmm maybe I don't need that new camera
Hmm maybe I don't need that new camera

There are so many butterflies in Iguacu National park. One actually sat on my camera for about half an hour and then came back with us on the train (on Lara's finger). We then had to get rid of it because we couldn't steal animals from the park so we said our goodbyes and it flew off!
Moonlit Garganta del diabloMoonlit Garganta del diablo
Moonlit Garganta del diablo

This is the best I could get in night mode on my camera. There was no artificial lighting and it was really quiet and quite eerie late at night. Anyway lots of other people were jealous of this picture cos they couldn't manage to get anything to come out so I am quite proud!!


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb