Just nipping to Argentina for the day, as you do.


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Iguazú National Park
September 19th 2005
Published: September 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Up at the crack of dawn, as always so much to do and such little time. Had a good breakfast and because it wasn´t busy it meant we could make more for our lunch!! Met the couple who we met yesterday and they gave us travel advice, they are on there last 2 weeks of 12months.

Today we went to the Argentinian side of the falls, they have 80% of the falls. The brazilian side is good to look at the panoramic views but on this side you get to get on top of the falls and under them.

Jumped on another bus (we are always on buses!!) Had to go through the border and passport control. Got off the bus, crossed the road and onto another bus! Arrived at the falls with only reais not pessos. So we tried to pay for our tickets with card but don´t accept them this side. So we paid with reais, which meant they proper done us on the exchange rate and we had to pay about 7.50! and this country is supposed to be cheaper. But we were not the only ones.
Got onto a little train that takes you through the park to the different walks you can do around the catarates (water falls to you that don´t speak spanish) First impressions this side were very good. You can really get up close to the falls. We came prepared today for wetness! With shorts and kagools we looked well sad! We managed to go right out under the falls and got drenched! It was like someone chucking buckets of water at you. Had squelchy trainers for the rest of the day.

They were really impressive.
We walked across 3/4 of the way across the river Iguazu (it´s huge) This took about 15 mins to walk across, that big. Makes the river trent/thames look like a trickle.

When we got to the other side we were amazed by what we saw. Makes your hair stand up on the back of your neck. We were right above the devils throat, you couldn´t even see the bottom because of the spray and mist.

When we went back we stayed on the bus to the main bus terminal. This is because we have changed our route a little (don´t worry dad allen). We went to book our 16 hour bus ride to Campo Grande which is up north, the gate way to the pantanal.

Got back, shattered as usual, but still managed to go out for food.
We went to an all you can eat buffet for 2 quid each. You get your food and then they come round with huge scewers slicing off steak onto your plate. We were stuffed! And yes I (melissa) tried new food and chicken hearts, didn´t like them tho.
Walked back and met a couple who had been travelling for 2 years! They told us lots of stories (how people have been mugged in Rio and had there kidney cut out to be sold on, sounded quite common. Seems to be a trend with people telling bad stories )and places to go. So after talking to them for a few hours we crashed out.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.286s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 32; qc: 144; dbt: 0.1811s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb