Massive Waterfall, Butterflys and Toucans!!


Advertisement
Published: March 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

WOW!!! We had been told how amazing these falls were but you really cant appreciate the beauty until you are there! Iguazu falls are on the border of Brazil, Paraguay and Argentina. The first day we arrived on the Argentina side. We found a guy from the hostel that agreed to drive us over the border into Brazil even though Benny didnt have a visa. We just had to pay him a bit extra. The brazil side was very beautiful.

We went to a bird park also and saw many types of birds we had never seen and never even knew existed! These birds had such amazing colours as you can see from the photos. I also got to see my favourite animal the Toucan!! They look like a cartoon character, Just like in the fruitloops ad! We also got to see some amazing Butterflies.

The next day we saw the falls from the Argentina side. We started the day by going on a 4WD of the Jungle and then a jetboat up the rapids to the falls. They drove the jet boat right up to the fals and then drove us straight underneath. It was so funny
"Devils Throat""Devils Throat""Devils Throat"

This shows how big the fals are!!
and we got completly saturated! This was one of the best things I think I have done. Seeing the falls from the boat really showed how Big and powerful these falls were. After the boat we walked around the falls on the board walk through the national park. I was just as impressed with the many different kinds and colours of butterflies that we saw on the walk. Some of them would land even land on us. The last part of the walk brings you right on top of the biggest part of the waterfalls called "Devils Throat". HUGE! The amount of water that flows over these falls is just unbeleivable. It just dosent seem real and photos really don´t do it justice you just have to come over and see Iguazu for yourself!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0622s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb