Horse Trekking Mendoza


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza
April 18th 2007
Published: April 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Leaving Bolivia was pretty shitty as it was such a cool place. We needed to get a move on though and get back to Argentina to get some trekking in. Easier said than done. After barely getting over the border cos it shuts at 8pm we decided to get the bus straight through to mendoza to save so time so we parted ways with jon and amy after a great 2 weeks travelling with them.

On the bus to our stopover in Jujuy a Bolivian woman and kid tried to put drugs under our seat when the cops stopped the bus. On the verge of nearly knocking both of them out me and dar made sure none was left under the seat. Finally after visions of South American prisions and what felt like a year the cops left. Then further up the road the cops got on again and searched everyones bag(except us being westerners i persume). It didnt take long for me and dar to figure out that about 4 or 5 people on the bus were involved in transporting the stuff and even the bus conductor was in on it. We got to our stopover and held up in the hostel for the night glad to be out of their.

The next day we got the bus to Mendoza which was gonna take 20 hours. After our ordeal(exaggerating!!)we seen the co driver getting on the bus and handing loads of packages to the driver we were left thinking when will this crap end. Thats the culture i suppose. Relieved from our ordeal and ignoring our drug cartel bus company we decided we would just get sloshed. And we did. 16 bottles of vino between the 4 of us later and we were wrecked. Not a good idea cos when i was asleep someone stole my phone and watch and Al´s money got nicked too. Pretty shitty. So i spent half of that day in the police station.

Next day we went on the trek. It was great craic and i have to say i was really impressed with graham on the aul horsies. He had the horse bowing for him and was even teaching our guide some tricks. Stayed in a refuggio that night then headed back the trail again and spent another day trekking. Started to get the hang of it and it was great craic. Sore ass though.

After that it was time to hit Mendoza for some last days of partying......


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb