Mendoza


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza » Mendoza
January 27th 2010
Published: January 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

And finally, here we are - up to date!

Mendoza (as the boozy ones of you will know all too well) is the wine region of Argentina, so we've taken advantage of that just a little bit! We went on a tour of some wineries, which was good apart from being cramped onto an oven of a minibus with a driver who didn't know where he was going. We had a Trains Planes and Automobiles moment where we went down the wrong way on a dual carriageway!

Other than that, we got a bit extreme for the first time this trip, with some paragliding! It was amazing, but the scariest part was the drive up the mountain sat on the back of a pickup truck - Sarah couldn't look. The drops were big, and the road wasn't. Amazing on the way down though, so we put a good few pics up of that. It's a pretty odd feeling though, being told to run off the edge when you're that high up.

We've had a nice hostel here, with a little swimming pool and everything! Its still really hot though, so sleeping's not easy without air con. We've also been getting into the steaks, which are massive. Sarah had the "little" one last night which was still 11oz!

We're off to a smaller town this afternoon about 4hrs south, so we'll let you know how that goes.




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb