Mission to Cordoba


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Córdoba » Córdoba
January 21st 2010
Published: January 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So... After a 4 hr bus ride, 3 hr ferry, 2 taxi rides and an overnight bus we made it to Cordoba! We arrived at about 7am (an hour earlier than expected) so you can imagine that finding a hostel at that time in the morning was no easy task! We ended up staying in a mosquito/cockroach infested room which stank of damp with a building site next to us! At least we got early wake up calls from the neumatic drills drilling through the wall next to our ears at 8am every day!

On the plus side ....The city is beautiful, filled with handy craft markets, shopping malls and lots of students (therefore cheap drinks / food!!) and is much more relaxing than Buenos Aires.

We promptly booked up a horse riding excursion in the nearby "Sierras" where we rode through the mountains and rivers in the morning, had an "asado" (bbq) in the afternoon and chilled out by the swimming pool in the ranch til the evening.

Greg was a natural on the horse and even wanted to continue riding throughout the afternoon but the owner, Marcello, said it was too hot for the horses (after all it was 36 degrees)! Poor Marcello lost his horse in the foothills when he let go of the reins for just a second. He jumped on Greg's horse and disappeared into the mountains leaving four of us stranded and scared for about 15 minutes. We were so relieved when he came back with both horses intact!

Greg ended up with a burnt truckers arm and I ended up walking like John Wayne for the next few days but it was well worth it!

P.S Greg wants me to tell you all that he did not choose to wear the hat he has on in the photos! I bought that cheap hat but it ended up being too big for me and it kept blowing off!

Another PS. Gerry - the bug spray is good, and so is the sun cream - it's me not putting on enough that's the problem!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



28th January 2010

Like the hat!
Hi Greg and Sarah It was great to see your photos today. You've certainly got around a lot already! I don't believe Greg didn't choose the hat - his dad's got one just like it. In fact I think it's compulsory for all motorhomers to have one! You both look very at home on horseback. I'm sure you could get jobs as ranch hands if you were desperate. I don't like the sound of the accommodation much but then Greg always takes you to the best places doesn't he Sarah. Looking forward to the next instalment love mum and dad xx

Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.034s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb