Mendoza


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza » Mendoza
May 14th 2008
Published: May 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 22
Had a quiet day trying to organise some staff for Patagonia and munching down one last steak before we left BA. Then got the night bus to Mendoza with Col for the 13 hour haul.

Day 23
Arrived early and went to the hostel after a little fight with nearly everyone we came across en route. There’s guys who out your bag on the buses, but you have to take them right up to the boot and they then just pick them up and throw them on, and then they want a tip. And they tell you to give them one. We were no interested in that when we got off in the morning after no sleep so turned our backs. He wasn’t very chuffed. Then went to get a taxi, and there was a guy stood there pulling bags off people to put them in the car and expecting a tip. Again, not interested. We think he then had a little word with the taxi driver, so he was then a bit if a moron and kicked off on the way. Not happy.
Then had a quiet day wandering around Mendoza and went to the cinema in the eve.

Day 24
Went on nice little wine tour which involved tours around a couple of wineries and different wine tastings and then a monster meal with as much wine as you wanted. We indulged. Very tasty.

Day 25
Had another fairly quiet day. Wandered around the town a bit more and then lazed in one of the many big parks. Munched on some wine sorbet as well which was rather lovely for a daytime bevvie. Played a bit of old school bowling in the evening where there were guys setting up the pins each time and throwing the balls back down to us. Miles better than megabowl.

Day 26
Went to play on the horsies all day up in the mountains. 4 hours trotting around on our ponies, I managed to get the nuisance one that wouldn’t stop stopping to munch on the grass while Claire’s trotted along happily up front. Finished it off with a BBQ back at the stables with a truckload of meat. Then it was back to the hostel to get the bus back to BA ready for PATAGONIA!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.313s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0757s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb