Patagonia


Advertisement
Published: May 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 27
Arrived back in BA and had a quiet day as Tom was feeling a bit stinky so had a quiet night and hoped for better health for the early start for the plane.

Day 28
Up bright and early and got the plane to El Calafate in Patagonia. Noone wanted a tip when we got off the plane for giving us our bags which was nice. Went to the hostel and then wandered around the town and organised our adventures for the next few days.

Day 29
Wandered over to the Perito Moreno Glacier, the most famous in the National Park even though its not the biggest or oldest or anthing really. Pretty good though, and you can get really close and see bits falling off all the time and making a big splash. Ace! Pretty chilly though, turns out we could´ve done with a million more jumpers but we survived. Pictures will probably do more justice than the words. They should make a saying about that.

Day 30
Went off on a boat trip to see some of the other Glaciers in the National Park, Viedma and Speggazzini and Upsala amongst them. Upsala is the biggest and is 4 times the size of Buenos Aires, not too shabby. We were on the boat most of the day too so nice and toasty too. Hungry though, cos a certain Baldo forgot to pack the bread. Tom was in charge of ham and biscuits so we had to make do with that. Stink. We´ve decied we eat too much bread anyway, maybe she did it on purpose.

Day 31
Decided we needed a day off so mooched around the hostel most of the day and had a wander into the town. El calafate´s a bit of a ghost town though because everybody goes on tours in the day and all there is there is tourism so its pretty dull. Nice to have a rest day though. Found out that dinner was free in the hostel as well so munched on that. Only a fiver for a room breakfast and dinner! Beast! One night it was breaded soya and mash though so that explains a bit. We love soya.

Day 32
Got up early doors and got the bus to El Chalten up north and went for a hike to see Mount Fitz Roy. It was ace, beautiful views the whole time and wandering through the snow in the forest for half of it. Claire thought she was in Narnia. Her stomach was a bit unsteady though so she defaced Narnia slightly. When nature calls...... Again, pictures will tell the story (not that story though).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.274s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb