Like being back at univeristy


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Córdoba
May 15th 2006
Published: June 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Iglesia catedralIglesia catedralIglesia catedral

in Plaza San Martin
Cordoba...a university city. smaller than Buenos Aires, but with an awesome nightlife...yes i should have really given myself a break after those 2 weeks in BA!!

I wasn´´t even meant to be in Cordoba. Alex, a friend that i made on the trip convinced me to join him in going there. He was following a girl that he was in love with! having arrived at Tango Hostel after a 14hour bus journey, we find out that she had left 1.5days prior!! Alex´s heart was broken...well not really...he moves on quite quickly when it comes to girls...he´s quite a character...barrel of laughs to have a round! we planned to stay in Cordoba for only 2 days. But 2 days later, he finds out that his girl was to be arriving in BA...so he gets on the next bus there!!!

Cordoba is a result of spanish colonial influence, and harbours important religious history. It is the most catholic city in all of Agrentina...which also, suprisingly, is also the place most famous for its ¨hotels by the hour¨...not that i expereinced these, but i did pass by these everyday on my way back to the hostel, where u would see young horny
iglesia de la compania de jesusiglesia de la compania de jesusiglesia de la compania de jesus

man standing oustside the walls
argentinian couples walking hand in hand, heads down so that they would not be recognised. It turns out that this is very common. as they are not able to go back to their homes because of their strict catholic upbringing, these hotels flourished, where u can pay for an hour of usage and....well...no one need know!!

For me, Cordoba was almost as good as BA. Decided to stay there for a few more days...in fact i stayed there for almost a week.
My hostel rocked. Called Tango Hostel, it was in the centre of young student nightlife (about that later). it was comfortable and like home...it was run by a group of close friends. They cooked home cooked meals each night....and we drank each nigth before heading out...

Like any univeristy town, there was always a party.
Wednesday night- Cuernovaca. like a saloon, filled with party crazy young students...18-23yo. actually started feeling old. girls here arent shy. they pinch your ass. We all had a great time...and my spanish continues to improve!!
Thursday- Usha...20 meters away from my hostel, this was jam packed full of argentinans any day of the week. partied with a group of argentinians who
Xime´s birthdayXime´s birthdayXime´s birthday

argentinian girl´´s birthday L-R: ?, ?, alex, Xime, Mario
were celebrating a birthday.
Friday, saturday, sudnay nights were spent the same...so my liver had finally decided it needs to break out of jail...so i moved onto to Salta.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.383s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 26; qc: 145; dbt: 0.3163s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb