cordoba


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Córdoba
February 15th 2007
Published: February 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

refugiorefugiorefugio

where we stayed in la cumbre
i just got back into buenos aires from cordoba. i met up with two guys that i met in mar del plata....george and martin. it seems that everytime i get into a new city that it is raining. well after another 20 hour bus ride i arrived in cordoba on friday morning. i checked into the hostel and hung out for awhile...and of course had a siesta. i think that is my favorite part about the culture. it fits right in with what i love....naps.

on friday martin came by my hostel after work to give me a lil tour of the city...close to the plaza san martin. it is a lot like all of the other s. american cities. has a plaza, iglesia, a couple of statues...there are a lot of young people around since cordoba is a college town. we had an asada in my hostel so i ate pretty good...steaks, salad, bread...martin and george de la jungla came over to my hostel to hang out before we went out..ended up going to some club named level 4 i think...? a pretty good time. they played everything so it just wasn´t electronic music the whole night which is
the soldierthe soldierthe soldier

george´s dog wouldn´t let me take a picture of him. only has 3 legs...
great.

the next day after about 3 hours of sleep they picked me up and we headed out to la cumbre about 2 hours outside of cordoba. they have a ton of outdoor activities...paragliding, skydiving, fishing..we went straight to the rio pintos to jump in since it was so hot. it seemed like we were in the movie a river runs through it because this river was off the beaten path and it was so quiet and peaceful...that night we stayed in a place called the refuge...it isn´t a hostel but a place were paragliders stay the night for free! pretty cool...a lil house and had like 6 beds in a barn. martin made a fire to heat the water outside so that we had hot water for food and for showers...pretty crazy stuff. we had an asado here too. some guys who run tours for paragliding came and cooked on this grill...anybody had fernet...they drink it a ton in cordoba. esta bien pero es no mi favorito. ended up hitting the town...small little town , and a house party too.

on sun. we headed back to rio pintos. some people were trying to paraglide, but the wind was coming in at a wrong angle so there was nothing they could do...on the way back from the river martin and i hitchhiked to get a ride to the road, because the car we came in was full. pretty funny, we got in a back of a truck that had all these bikes in it. there really wasn´t room for us , but we didn´t want to walk 1 hour through the mountains back to were the car was parked!!

monday i got a bike tour of the city. it was fun. rode a bike for about 3.5 hours. i was so tired afterwards! i haven´t ridden about forever...good excercise and a great way to see the city though. i think we went something like 20-30 km on these bikes...i never went back to the hostel...martin let me crash at his place for free which was is always good instead of paying like 20-30 pesos!

i had a good time in cordoba. a lot of other stuff happened. i had a hard time understanding people in cordoba compared to the people in other parts of argentina. it was almost like they were singing and cutting off the
stuckstuckstuck

martin got his car stuck in the mud and george and i pushed him out. the mud turned out to be a lil more then mud
ends of words....its all good though. off to carnival tomorrow....
peace

Advertisement



6th March 2007

buses
I guess buses are the way to travel around. It seemsto take forever 20 hours. It is because of all the moutains? Glad to hear you have guys to talk to like Geprge. You went on a bike tour for exericse. What a hoot! Like you need it. Was it like Ragbrai? HA! I can't believe how much trust you put into people. Everyone seems to help each other out. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Tot: 0.262s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 57; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb