Dramatic Media, Mediatic Drama


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Córdoba » Córdoba
February 28th 2009
Published: March 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Light wingsLight wingsLight wings

Mundialito Queen

Today is wonderful... Always!

Just returned from an adventure in Cordoba, Argentina, ten days of unexpected surprises.

Funny how life is one huge adventure that we walk into backwards, semi blindfolded, looking for clues in front of us, all the while continuing to move into the unknown, ah!
Love it!

Means nobody really knows anything!

Now, how's that for a liberating thought?

Well, let me see, I think some people know some things, especially universal truths and technical things, just not what the future holds, unless they have some way of seeing without their eyes...

Back to today, right now:

Right now is wonderful because all is perfect, my body feels great, my mind is concentrated on the task at hand, writing this, instead of asking unanswerable why's and what if's, my soul is enjoying doing something fulfilling, purposeful and my heart is loving sharing with you all...

However, it does help that the recent past has been a burst of activity, novelty and challenge, nothing like tests to make you feel alive!

As these moments of intense emotional stress and euphoria are what we remember the most, what make the
Champions!Champions!Champions!

Unbridled youthful exuberance
in-between periods of "normal" routine, bearable or as respite from stress, you know, the cyclical waves of our bio-rythms.

So, if you are ready for a flurry of activity, fun and adventure...

Vamos!

French Global Ball Boys
The gay tv presenter could not take his eyes off of me and the players noticed...
40 hours there and back, Argentinian countryside in full glory
The girl running at me with a flower garland eager to snatch a kiss
Cupless Cordobese coaches
The Queens of Carnival and the Kings of the people's sport on morning television
Wedding Birthday
Debaticus interruptus et mediaticus circus


After preparing the team for three months, including a week baby-sitting at the academy, a bout of Dengue fever and a 40 hour bus ride, I finally was in Córdoba, Argentina, assistant coach/motivator of eighteen 18 year-olds, Tahuichi academy at the International Cordoba Cup.

The departure had been filmed by three French guys I met in Sao Paulo who are traveling around the world, filming, writing and playing football... Merci, les Gars!

We totally thrashed all opposition, winning all the awards possible, despite eating mostly starch (no pasta for me!) and living
CathedralCathedralCathedral

Religious Brick
in military barracks with two other full teams, 75 men in a hangar with 4 toilets...I will spare you the details!

The arrival back in Santa Cruz, Bolivia, after, you guessed it, 40 hours interminable bus ride with long wait in Tucuman station in the midnight heat, was to a hero's welcome, marching band, girls with garlands, invitations to two morning tv shows, right after the glamorous dresses and feathered crowns of the Carnival Queens, press conference, etc...

Tahuichi, International Title number 103...first title in 8 years for this age group!

Today, I was invited to a television debate...

Live in the studio, get a word in if you can!

At the first break, the presenter, Minina Ardaya, my host-father 17 years ago, said to me, "look, to speak, you have to steal the ball like on the field..."

Okay then, get ready!

Second round:

Try and stop me!!!!

Still, without too rudely interrupting, I managed to challenge them all to stop complaining about what is wrong with Bolivian football, alcohol in sports and to come up with solutions... was fun to go against the mainstream and be fearless!
lightslightslights

city life

The psychologist on the show came up afterwards and said he liked my opinions... new job for me????

Yes, after this tournament, my contract has expired, Quo Vadis, Melchior?

Last night, I was invited to a fab society wedding, I actually wore a suit!
No tie, though.... what were you thinking?

It was a wedding of one of a group of over thirty in a Carnival group, with Waltz and live band, blah, blah, blah...

Interesting and challenging, time to dance Cumbia and Merengue!

At midnight, one of my friends went and told the band that it was my birthday...

... all of a sudden it switched for a parenthesis of well-wishes from a wedding to a society birthday, over two hundred guests singing, cheering and clapping... Gracias!!!

Now, off to a barbeque with the other coach and friends, still enjoying double fun for the weekend, Monday will be monday!

Thank you all for your wishes, support and love,

Melchior





Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

BolivianosBolivianos
Bolivianos

Typical Santa Cruz Family
LonelyLonely
Lonely

Guardian of the night
PeacefulPeaceful
Peaceful

Trees reaching for the blue sky
PunkPunk
Punk

Modern bugs
Nature LightsNature Lights
Nature Lights

Bolivian-Argentinian skies
MiliDormMiliDorm
MiliDorm

Cordobese Hospitality
AlpsAlps
Alps

Cordoba Military School...our home for the Cup
City ColoursCity Colours
City Colours

Flowers and concrete
WaterWater
Water

Freshness in the city
CorCor
Cor

Religion...
DoDo
Do

Nature surviving
BaBa
Ba

Adaptation and progress
AmigosAmigos
Amigos

Mat and Vic xxxs
Ar...Ar...
Ar...

Towering over you
...gen......gen...
...gen...

Control
...ti......ti...
...ti...

Sky in the scraper
...na....na.
...na.

Cordoba center


13th March 2009

Congratulations!
Melchior, congratulations on your team's big win! I know it must have been well-deserved. As you say, one must savor the exciting times. Salud!!!!
13th March 2009

Bravo !
Bravo, Melchior, it looks like you're the Leader of a Bunch of Heroes ! I love reading your Blog .. your eyes are so widely open, your words and observations a Delight. Thank you, Melchior, you're doing fine !
14th March 2009

You DO.
And You make me smile too. What a wonderful gift you have Melchior, keep sharing it with as many people as possible throughout the world, keep flying. You are a beautiful ray of light with credible valuable insight to offer. ManilaMangoKisses and Love, pedazo de Lobo.
17th March 2009

pura vida
Of course 200 people sang for your birthday!!!! I can just see it :) Nice work, you're obviously in the flow and the universe is applauding. Nice play on words with your photos. Spring is in full bloom and the adventure here, is in the small wonders of life. un abrazo, tu sis

Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb