Cycling to Punta Loma


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Chubut » Puerto Madryn
March 29th 2006
Published: April 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

It´s time for some workout!

After a month of hamburgers, ice-cream and chocolates, we thought it´s time for some workout. So we rented a bike to cycle to Punta Loma to see more sea lions. We cycled the first 3km on paved road and turned into a dirt road for the next 17km. Quite glad that the sun is out, if not the wind would have numbed us before we reach Punta Loma.

The beginning of the trail was pretty straight and flat. Occasionally, vehicles pass by and covered us in sand and dust. After cycling for abt 4km, we saw a steep, long slope in front of us. And there we started the arduous journey. The slope wasn´t that bad but the road ahead was filled with thick layers of sand and gravel. It demanded a lot more effort to cycle on these roads and I kept swerving off course. I held on to the handle so tightly that the grooves on the handle bar left marks on on plam. Conquered a few more slopes, pant pant, but the scenery of the coastline is simply breathtaking. We finally reached Punta Loma after 2.5 hrs of hard cycling. Sat by the lookout point admiring the sea lions, observing how they move, responding to their yee-yee-orh-orh and of course, replenish our energy with our home-made sandwiches.

Dread to think that we need to cycle another 17km of the dirt road to get back to town. Our bums ached so much when we got back up on our bike. Still we have to make it back. So relieved that we finally got back on paved road. Spent the rest of the day cycling(sometimes pushing the bike hee..) around the town. We were sooo tired when we got back to hostel and we didn´t even bother coming out for dinner.

Still, very glad that we did it! I finally completed a cycling trip unscathed 😊 If only I can have a massage now!

Advertisement



6th April 2006

Cycling
ur cycling experience sounds like mine..heh...i shall aim for a cycling trip nxt time too!! :)

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb