Puerto Madryn


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Chubut » Puerto Madryn
April 20th 2008
Published: April 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Moon SetMoon SetMoon Set

nice way to wake up for the day
What three stories, 75 births along and awash with a controlled chaos of people? Well if you get this question at your next pub quiz you can answer it with Buenos Aires Omnibus Terminal.

We boarded our bus and took our prime spot at the front 2 seats on the top deck. This spot gave us panoramic views when we awoke in the morning. Strange but true, as we head south the sun seems to be rising significantly later so instead of sun drenched views of the planes we awoke to a huge bright full moon sitting very low in the sky flooding the horizon in a mellow glow. Very beautiful and kept us occupied as we tried to take photos in low light from a moving bus. The moon set and the sun soon rose which quite quickly clarified why people say there is not much to see between BA and southern Patagonia. For as far as we could see was dead flat landscape of small shrub like bushes and the odd cow or horse.

After our 18 hour trip we arrived at our destination Puerto Madryn. Arriving into a city after this landscape seems rather strange. As
SunriseSunriseSunrise

Oh the colours...
the city appears on the horizon it feels like you are rolling into town on a western movie. Puert Madryn is on the coast and based at the foot of a large peninsula Called Peninula Valdes. This is home to the largest concentration of marine animals and sea life on this coast including elephant seals, sea lions, Magellanic penguins, dolphins and the southern right whales (unfortunately we are out of season for the whales). Puerto Madryn itself is a small port town with plenty of bars restaurants and cafes and a magnificent water front that we managed to explore on a rather long and swift run minutes after departing our bus and finding our accommodation. As there is a kitchen in the hostel that contains the heaviest cast iron pan you can imagine, Matt decided to cook in and armed with half a kilo of the finest steak you can buy he set about cooking (this steak ranks number 1 for the trip and cost a similar amount to Leannes canned soup). So today we are up early and waiting for our trip to the Peninsula to depart.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Road foreverRoad forever
Road forever

blink and you wont miss it


Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 59; dbt: 0.074s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb