Buenos Aires Truly is Good Air Today


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
January 9th 2010
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Isabel's Favorite TouristsIsabel's Favorite TouristsIsabel's Favorite Tourists

Isabel, Bob and I at the Hotel D'or. She is a dear. Each time we come, she meets us at our first hotel and gives us our tickets for internal flights and ferrys and busses--all that-- and we go over our itinerary point by point. We simply couldn't do a trip of this magnitude in the heat of the tourist season without her. It would have cost us mega bucks more to have done it alone.
Geo: -34.6118, -58.4173

We are soooo happy to be in sunny Buenos Aires on the shores of the Rio de la Plate. It's a balmy 89 degrees so first thing we did upon landing was to start stripping off the clothes.

YES!

It's good to be back. Isabel, our long time travel agent, says we now know more about Argentina than she does. We've been more places, that's for sure.

We're staying in Palermo, just north of the very ritsy Ricoleta, for those who know a little about BA. Our room has those lovely floor to ceiling narrow doors opening out to a little balcony overlooking the leafy street.

The flight over was 9 1/2 hours, but uneventful once we got on the plane. We even got a few hours sleep. Everything in Atlanta was late. Arrivals, departures--everything. This overnight flight to BA was cancelled on Thursday night, so all those people were on our's. Busy madness. But that's over and we're here in the sun.

Our plans for the evening are to go for a walk in a beautiful old part of Palermo and find a quaint little dinner spot.

We walked around the neighborhood this afternoon and found a wonderful shop for tea with outside seating. It was so nice sitting there with the gentle breeze ruffling through our hairs--this isn't too much for you, is it?

They're just so civilized here with their custom of bringing a small cookie or dab of sherbet in a dish to accompany your tea. Oh, and with a shot glass of soda water, too, for some reason. I don't find soda water very refreshing--it's kind of salty. Whenever you order water here --and water costs as much as a diet coke for crying out loud--they ask you, "con gas o sin gas?"
With bubbles or w/out bubbles?

Sin, thank you.









Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb