Animals and Shopping


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
July 16th 2006
Published: July 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We got up this morning to be greeted with pouring rain and cold. Sad times. So we put off going to the zoo to go shopping. Little did we know the shops don´t open until later on Sunday. So we had a nice wet walk down the pedestrian mall but then it started to let up so we figured we´d go to the zoo after all.

Surprisingly, the zoo was great! (after we waited half an hour when it was supposed to be open 2 hrs before...) Time doesn´t mean as much anywhere else in the world as in North America I´ve come to believe. Nothing is ever on time. At home if the zoo is open at 10, people would riot at 1005 and call the better business bureau. Here people just wait or chant and the people working say just a minute just a minute! Lots of animals, which we love of course but we only spent 2 hrs there since our fifty mile walk yesterday had our legs feeling like jelly.

Then we hit up a nice mall down the road from the zoo. But the mall turned into a zoo after a while. It was so packed! We managed to find a few things each but it was hot, stuffy, smoky (you can smoke ANYWHERE in this country) and we just wanted to get out. So a quick hop on the subway and back to the hostel. Now waste an hour on the internet and then we´re off to bed for our last sleep south of the equator. We leave tomorrow evening to arrive home Tuesday night around 10.

We expect a large welcoming party. Confetti would be a nice touch.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.392s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb