Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
August 17th 2011
Published: September 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Emma here!

We stayed in a part of Buenos Aires called Recoleta. We had a fantastic time with our cousin Grace, we visited a lot of places such as an art museum called Malba and Palace de Glace. We also visited Recoleta Cemetery which was really peculiar because each tomb had it's own tiny house with the alter on the ground floor and the coffins underneath, except some of the really creepy tombs which had been vandalised and had cracked glass and the coffins in site on the ground floor.

We also saw "La flora" which is a beautiful peace of art in the shape of a flower and in the day it closes but in the night it oppens and produces a spectacular light show.

On one of the days we took a really long walk to the zoo and it was so cool because there were peacocks and other animals just let free!

There was a place we visited in La Boca called Caminito - it was filled with tango dancers, colourful buildings with scary statues on the balconies and tourists. But when we went it was extremley cold so we were all in a really bad mood. It was fun though.

But for me the best was definitely the tango exhibition that we went to, it was flooded with experienced tango dancers. I felt a little misplaced their but it was really fun and their were loads of tango shoe shops in which we spent endless hours. We came a second time and saw people have tango lessons and later that night mom and dad and dad's cousin Brian and his wife Jennifer (Grace's mom and dad) all went out to tango clubs where they had a great time.





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb