Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
April 20th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Buenos Aires after another 18 hour bus ride. We checked into our hostel Portal De Sul and got ready for our night out, at what was supposed to be the best club on a friday night, Bahrein. In Argentina their clubs dont get started until after 2, we were the first ones in the club at 1.30. We meet a guy who introduced us to his crazy Argentinian friends and had a good night. We slept all day and then got ready for another night out as it was Sams birthday the next day. We went out for dinner at a really nice restaurant on the river front and tried our first Argentinian steak. It is true what they say, it is the best steak in the world. We then went to the best club in Buenos Aires Opera Bay, which was shaped like the Sydney Opera house. It had 5 rooms with different types of music but only 1 toilet. We stayed in the hip hop room and had a fantastic night. The next night it was sams birthday so we decided to do something special. We went for dinner and a tango show. We tried peppered steak it was fantastic once again. The show was really good as it consisted of many things singing, dancing and people playing instruments.

The following day we went to explore the city. We visited a clock tower, called the English tower which was supposed to look like big ben. It was now behind gates as graffati was on it. It was a shame because we had heard we would get a great view from the top. We then went on a long walk through the city and to The City Of Tombs to see Evita´s grave. It was an eerie place with lots of cats and every tomb was big and grand. A lady outside was trying to sell us a map for less than a pound but us being the cheapskates we are latched on to a back of a tour until they took us to Evita´s grave. That evening we had a bargain pizza to share for only a pound!!

We woke up on Tuesday to sun for the first time since Iguazu. The city looked completely different in the sun and we decided it would be a great day to visit the zoo and the pink palace. The palace was very beautiful with lots of fountains surronding the area and was the sight of Evita and important political figures gave speeches. Nearby was the obliesk and on the way we saw a protest. We were told that a protest in this city is like a car crash, happens everyday and no-one takes a blind bit of notice. We got the train that afternoon to visit the zoo which was amazing. There were so many different animals, animals we had never seen before including polar bears, hippopotomous, Tucan bird, Rhino and Kangeroos.

Our last day in Buenos Aires we decided to visit an area called La Boca. All the buildings were muticoloured, there was tango dancing in the street and crazy people coming at us from all angles. That night we went for a steak. It was the most amazing steak ever, it melted in your mouth! It was a great way to finish our last night in Buenos Aires.

P.S All the men in Argentina are fat, ugly and look like Maradonna!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



11th May 2007

Hello
Hi Sam glad to hear that yu are still having a great time I cant believe that you havent seen all those anomals before your mum was always taking you to the zoo and trying to leave you there!! Some of the animals must have been like looking in the mirror! ha ha ha ha !! kepp enjoying yourselves and take care love as always Auntie Sue James Victoria and Sarah x x x x x x xx

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 17; qc: 101; dbt: 0.0934s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb