And the adventure beggins


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
April 11th 2007
Published: April 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Caminito StreetCaminito StreetCaminito Street

Caminito Street home of the sultry Tango
Well at last we have started our adventure in the BIG city of Buenos Aires - well known for cowboys(Gauchos), home of Tango, wine, the best steaks in the world(well according to the locals anyway), Maradona(famous for the hand of god goal against England), Evita Peron and the Boca Juniors football side. The past few days our diet has consisted of large portions of red meat and even larger portions of red wine(vino tinto-about the only Spanish we know at this stage).

Although a very vibrant city full of life it is very busy with a 10 lane highway, interesting to cross and all the activity that goes with a big city.

In our time here we have walked the city flat, did a city bus tour that included Caminito Street, home of Tango, and went past the La Boco Juniors stadium and we also saw an awsome tango show on our last evening,(see pics below).

The night before our departure the hotel did not have water as there was a problem in the whole block. Our transfer from BA to the airport was supposed to be at 6h15am and we arranged a wake up call for
Caminito Street, BACaminito Street, BACaminito Street, BA

Wendy lurking in Caminito Street, home of the sultry Tango
what we thought was 5h25, this ended up being 5h55, like I said still learning Spanish.......and the best part was the driver arrived at 5h45 so with no breakfast we hastily packed our bags and headed off to the airport.

From here we are heading down south of Argentina and looking forward to getting out of the city. Please be patient as we are learning this technology on the road with some none existant and slow internet sites.


Watch this space
Rob and Wends




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

La Boco JuniorsLa Boco Juniors
La Boco Juniors

Rob outside the La Boco Juniors stadium
Tango ShowTango Show
Tango Show

We experienced the awsome world of Tango at a live show.


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb